Thursday 12 April 2012

The Story of Monomono.



Damaged Monomono


Ok today I'm going to tell you about my monomono doll. Monomono (means monkey) is a cute Dal I purchased awhile back. I always thought of her as rather tomboyish probably a due to Maaikeh's Character in the Picfic MIB (Highly Recommended) but PullipFiction user (and friend) Jemm soon changed that with her gorgeous Dal Piper. Any way I love having dolls that are some how unique and as Monomono is a pretty common doll I was determined I wanted to modify her. Reading Dan's doll blog and seeing a dal with a cute smile and cheek dimples I was determined that was what I wanted to do, I did some research but with little in the way of lip carving tutorials, I decided to bite the bullet... but to cut a long story short, I messed it up and even the Skills of my Art and Craft experienced boyfriend didn't seem able to quite fix it (well at the very least I would have to sand her face off and repaint). You can't see the damage greatly in pictures but it was awful in person. So she sat wig-less and damaged for awhile before I caved and bought a new monomono. The first time I had bought her with stock but out of the box, this time I bought her mint in box. She was fairly cheap (before Parcel force charged me a fortune- B******s). Opening her from the box (one of the most beautiful dolls in the box btw) gave me a new love for her. I was staying with my man for a week so she had to sit around in just her underwear (picture in the last post). In the mean time I still had this damaged head lying around, I decided to sell it but after listing it a better offer came up, a kind friend (also met on PullipFiction) offered to Customize her for me, for free! he wants to practice his customizing skills, I get a new doll- win- win! So she's all sent off waiting for the result. And I still have cute monomono- isn't she darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment